Sunday, August 15, 2010

Things I Take for Granted

Yesterday I made the trip into North Dakota to do some shopping. I wanted to get a few more dress clothes before school started, and I thought a trip to Wal-Mart would be fun. The three hour drive (both ways) was long but I had fun getting to listen to my own music with my new ipod (with the help of Ben's going away gift to me). I was jamming out the whole time and laughing at myself.
Once I arrived in Williston, ND it was time to get to business.  Shopping is not my favorite thing to do, but I knew this trip needed to be successful. I was successful and frugal and so excited that I got 3 dress shirts, a dress, a pair or jeans, and grey dress pants for about $50.00's! Nothing makes me feel better then getting great deals.

After spending more money at Wal-Mart and for lunch, I finally left Williston around 4:30 Montana time. On the way back I was a little bored and tired of driving. I talked to Mom and Dad for awhile, and Ben too, but spent probably an hour or so just thinking. I reflected on the trip and couldn't believe that I had to drive 3 hours for some nice clothing stores and to go to Wal-Mart. It made me think about all the things I've taken for granted. Wal-Mart is a given, but there are so many things that go deeper. For instance I was living at home but didn't spend as much quality time with my family as I should have. I didn't visit the grandmas very often and I probably didn't tell mom and dad that I loved them enough. I was selfish in  taking "me time", instead of hanging out with friends later or longer than I wanted to. I don't want to live a life of regrets but this day trip showed me that my approach on life is not always healthy. So here's for some change! I want to enjoy living with what God provides, and be content in my situation. I also want to give others more of my time instead of being so selfish. 

All day today I've been humming the melody to one of my favorite hymns, "Take My Life and Let It Be". Here are the verses. I hope it blesses you as it does with me.

Take my life, and let it be
Consecrated, Lord, to Thee;
Take my moments and my days,
Let them flow in ceaseless praise.

Take my hands, and let them move
At the impulse of Thy love;
Take my feet, and let them be
Swift and beautiful for Thee.


Take my voice, and let me sing
Always, only, for my King;
Take my lips, and let them be
Filled with messages from Thee.

Take my silver and my gold:
Not a mite would I withhold;
Take my intellect, and use
Ev'ry pow'r as Thou shalt choose.

Take my will, and make it Thine,
It shall be no longer mine;
Take my heart, it is Thine own,
It shall be Thy royal throne.

Take my love, my Lord, I pour
At Thy feet its treasure store;
Take myself, and I will be,

Ever, only, all for Thee.

I had a great time at church today. I'm really beginning to feel welcomed especially when so much kindness has been shown to me.


Hope you are all having a great Sunday.

-Casey




1 comment:

  1. This really hit home Casey! I need to take a lesson from you here! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete