Saturday, August 21, 2010

Getting Ready!!

I'm excited and nervous about school starting this coming week. We have work days on Monday and Tuesday and school starts on Wednesday the 25th. In the HS the classes are shortened the first day. I'll have 26 mins. with the Choir and Band. Hopefully enough time to go through the syllabus and talk about plans for the year but not too much time that I'm scrambling for things to do. I also will be doing range checks with each choir student on Thursday and Friday, and have a choir pre-test for them to work on while I'm working with each individual student. I have music picked out to get started with for both groups, and we'll see how it goes from there.
With the elementary I have activities planned for the first day as well as the first Spanish lesson for Thursday classes. We will be working with numbers this week (because I know my numbers!).
See my El tran del abecedario.
 And then I have Brain Teaser for the first day of school using the musical alphabet! Can you read it? Also another form of the musical alphabet is solfege (on the left.)

Well here's a few pictures of the classrooms. I can't really decorate the HS classroom because it's a multi-use room (it's used for Chapel on Thursday, some after-school activities, etc.)

My desk in the Elementary. Notice the chicken... I don't know where it came from, but I liked it.








The Music office.. it's a little disorganized but manageable.






  



Can you see which book of the Bible we are studying in Band and Choir this year! I'm excited, I know I need some more wisdom in my life right now.



Well thanks for reading. I could use your thoughts and prayers for this week especially.

1 comment:

  1. The brain teaser is "Welcome back!" :-)

    You can do it, Casey!

    ReplyDelete