Monday, January 24, 2011

Strange Morning


Well, today has been an interesting morning for me, as you can probably tell by the early blogging. I wasn't feeling well last night, so I got to bed at a decent hour. I awoke at 4:30 this morning feeling a little sick (with a possible fever) and very thirsty. I got my morning glass of ice water, took some Tylenol and tried to get back to bed. After 15 mins. or so I realized that wasn't going to happen. The chain of events that followed led to the most relaxing morning I've had while teaching. I had three hours to get ready, have some breakfast, a nice cup of coffee, do some reading, and watch the today show. I also finished my lesson plans that I was hoping to get done this morning during my morning plan time.
I may not be feeling so great by the end of the day, especially because I won't get home till 7:00 pm due to potentially stressful and possibly long discussions during parent teacher conferences at the High School, and a possible sinus infection and fever, but I feel great about how my day has started. For once, I'll make it to our staff devotions on time without running in at the last moment, frazzled. Maybe I should attempt another early morning sometime soon.

Have a Great Day!

1 comment:

  1. Most times there are reasons for things that happen. I'm sorry that your not feeling well, but impressed that you can see the good along with the bad. I'm sure that is why you have done so well adapting to such a different area then you have here in Ohio. I hope you get to feeling better and don't have a sinus infection because those don't go away without antibiotics. Get some rest tonight. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete