Sunday, October 17, 2010

Excitement

I have been very busy lately! The music fundraiser has begun and it's a lot of work getting the student's to do what they are supposed to do. ;-) I'm hoping that they do not procrastinate and turn in their orders on the last day but it seems like this is a very likely event. We are selling citrus fruit (oranges, mandarins, and grapefruits) and apples (Granny Smith, and Red Delicious.) For many out here in the north the fruit they purchase lasts most of the winter so a lot of people rely on it. It's a little pressure for a new teacher, but I'm managing at least at the moment.

I am so excited to get to leave this week and get a little touch of home. I'm in a wedding in Chillicothe Ohio on Saturday. It's my best college friend Ashley and I'm really excited. I also get to see my immediate family and Ben! Unfortunately I don't have enough time to really visit others or go to my church but I'm still excited to have this chance. I will leave through Billings on Thurs, and return to Billings on Sunday. It's a good 6 hour drive to Billings, so I've been working my tale off to get everything planned for this week and next so I don't have to worry about it while I'm gone.

With being so busy I've really grown to love  my little free time each day. It normally means reading a little and watching an hour program on TV. I've been watching a new show on the History Channel called IRT Deadliest Roads. The Ice Road truckers are in India driving in the Himalayas. It is absolutely crazy and entertaining. I've also been obsessed with the Discovery channels newest nature series. It's called Life. I had it on today and ended up watching the whole hour. I had to turn the TV off after seeing it was on next as well. And it's so beautiful to watch in HD! You can watch the preview here.

1 comment:

  1. You better believe that your Mom is soooo excited to see you too!! I'm ready. I haven't shared how much I miss you as to try and help you not be homesick, but I will be very thankful to see you Thursday. I pray for travel mercies for you.
    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete