Thursday, November 18, 2010

Brahms, Candelight, and Chocolate


I went to the High School this evening to work on grades because it's the end of the trimester. I got most of my work done so I decided to go into my classroom and play the piano. I ended up lost in the world of Brahms for about an hour. It's been awhile since I played some real music so I was making mistakes all over the place. It doesn't matter how it sounded because what's important is that I left feeling relaxed and somewhat cheerful! I'm now realizing that because I'm involved in music all day I tend to unwind by reading, watching TV, or playing a game. To teach student's to love and appreciate music I need to love and appreciate music! I am feeling really motivated to start practicing again on a regular basis. We'll see how it goes.

I also got a wonderful package today from Steve and Mel North. It had a whole bunch of goodies, but most importantly there was chocolate!!! I never buy chocolate or snacks for myself because I don't "need" it and it's not cheap. With Thanksgiving approaching and the knowledge that I won't be eating at my Grandma's on Sunday, or with the Rife's on Thanksgiving chocolate was just what I needed.

After eating some chocolate, I lit some candles to try and make my apartment feel warm and cozy. It's so COLD here!!!

These three things made me smile, and I feel like today was a good day. Honestly it's been awhile since I could say that, and it was much needed.


With Love,
Casey

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you got to have a little cheery evening in the midst of the cold and drab. You are greatly missed around here and we are always thinking of you. We can't wait to see you at Christmas!! Maybe you could play some Brahms for the talent show. ;)

    ReplyDelete